Because you are alive, everything is possible.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
When we stop dreaming and feeling that there are no possibilities ahead for us, and have no-one to turn to, we begin to lose our motivation for life and our hope to move forward.
“Darkness has a hunger that is insatiable, and lightness has a call that is hard to hear.” (Meditations from the mat – Rolf Gates)
We have all felt like this at times, overwhelmed with emotions and unmotivated to believe we can change our situation.
Finding ourselves in this dark place, we often feel disappointed for arriving here. Our guilt and judgemental thoughts keep us stuck and when we don’t accept or acknowledge our pain, it continues to grow and we feel trapped.
The only way we can begin to accept a new sense of happiness into our life, is to make space for it. If our heart is filled with pain and hurt, we cannot open it up to new experiences and healing.
These steps have helped me.
* Make a decision to move out of this place
* Have a routine everyday that gets you up and out of the darkness
* Express your pain and accept your responsibility of this situation
* Talk to a good friend or Therapist.
* Be kind and loving towards yourself
* Start a Journal to express your feelings or through creative sources like Art or Writing.
* Forgive yourself and others
* Spend time in stillness and listen for that voice of reason and hope