The hummingbird symbolizes the enjoyment of life and lightness of being. This fascinating bird is capable of the most amazing feats despite its small size, such as travelling great distances or being able to fly backwards.
I love the hummingbird and it’s energy, as it can remind us and encourage us that we do not have to be big or important to achieve everything we dream of in life. It’s wonderful spirit and connection to life can teach us a great deal.
Amazing migrators, some hummingbirds are known to wing their way as far as 2000 miles to reach their destination. This quality reminds us to be persistent in the pursuit of our dreams, and adopt the tenacity of the hummingbird in our lives.
Hummingbirds are tireless in their pursuit of Joy in life. They are always seeking the sweetest nectar and this is a great reminder for us to seek only the best in life.
- “Where is our joy?”
- “Is our happiness found within, or do we seek it externally?”
- “What is the source of our joy?”
- “What must we do to increase our joy?”
Hummingbird energy is vibrant and colourful and as they represent “Joy” their energy can remind us to have:
- Lightness of being and enjoyment of life
- Being more present
- Bringing playfulness and joy in your life
- Lifting up negativity
- Swiftness, ability to respond quickly
- Resiliency, being able to travel great distances tirelessly
Understanding nature and how it lives everyday, always reminds me how I can apply that in my own life and along every part of my journey.